Sunday, January 24, 2010

the best birthday ever!

not to brag, but I have the best husband... ever. he made my birthday on thursday so very special.

it started out with homemade pancakes & raspberries for breakfast on the "today's my special day" plate (a long-standing tradition in my family. we kinda think birthday's are a big deal).


then I received beautiful yellow tulips at work.

he took me to a new restaurant called taverna for dinner which was absolutely delicious. there was cava waiting for us at the table (which we drank when we were in barcelona a few months back). we ordered some really good wine, a fabulous ricotta & fig compote appetizer and some pizzas. ah!

and if that wasn't enough, robert had my favorite cake from sheila's waiting for me at home for dessert. he calls me katie-bird as a nickname, so he had asked for the outline of a bird on the cake, which is pretty hilarious.


ok.. and here's the best part. robert made my gift. apparently for the past four months he had been collecting old wooden letters used for printing (some dating back as far as the 1800s!). he made this incredible collage with the letters, spelling out birthday (the "y" is on the way..), as well as my initials & a few other inside jokes. and even cooler- robert made the frame from salvaged cedar from the closet in our house that we tore out a few years ago!
it is absolutely beautiful & I cannot wait to hang it in our home.


and then we got to celebrate all over again the next night with my family. yea, I'm spoiled. this was one of the best birthday's I've ever had. I am so very blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails