Sunday, May 12, 2013

ina's mocha chocolate icebox cake

breakthrough. I think I may have just improved an ina recipe. yes, the food goddess, ina garten. how arrogant is that? she's got this delicious recipe for a mocha chocolate icebox cake, but you see, it calls for layering in box cookies. now I'm sure that these $8 tate's cookies that she calls for in her recipe are tasty. however, as a lover of cookie cakes (that place in the mall is the best), I thought it would be better to give this cake a soft cookie crust bottom. so if you ever decide to make ina's cake (which is surprisingly easy), I highly recommend switching it up & giving this method a try. because I'm no ina, but I do know a good cookie cake when I meet one, and this is a winner. and a happy mother's day to my mom & grammie, who also agreed.

 {make cookie dough -I used a bag mix *gasp*-  & spread into bottom of spring-form pan}
 {bake it for about 15 minutes}
  {let the cookie cool & make the mocha topping. spread on top of cookie. let chill overnight}
  {chop up some chocolate shavings for the top to hide any imperfections}
{cut a big slice because if not, you'll have to go back for seconds}

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing it's all my favorite things in a cake! Loved talking to you Saturday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!!! Where was my slice ?! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails