Monday, July 16, 2012

inspired by: target's dorm room collection

it looks like it's already that time of year where the stores start bringing out their "back to school" supplies. what a bummer for kids on their summer vacation. but I have to say, there will always be a special place in my heart for dorm room goodies.

I remember so vividly the day when my mom took me shopping for my first dorm room. we went to target & their color scheme that year was bright coral & lime green. we got the cutest stuff - plastic plates & melamine bowls, a polka dotted twin comforter, even bright colored plastic ball-lights for "decoration." when we got home with all the "essentials," my dad was floored with the amount of cutesy purchases & reminded us of how he & his roommates proudly made their coffee table out cinder blocks & a piece of plywood ("that was all you needed back then"). men!

to this day I still get a bit overly excited when I see the dorm room stuff make its first appearance at target. and the dorm room line happens to be adorable this year. I picked up this little camera tray for loose change as well as the geo bowl for fruit, but had a hard time resisting the rest (because as always, I really only went in for milk!).

pillow, $14.99. camera appetizer plate- set of 8, $11.99. geometric melamine bowl, $9.99. spatula, $2.99. triangle mug -set of 4, $2.99. geometric tumblers- set of 8, $14.99. chevron melamine tray, $9.99.

1 comment:

  1. What a stylish dorm room that would be! My mama and I made raw silk curtains for a canopy that we hung over my bed–I was the talk of the floor!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails