Monday, April 23, 2012

displaying old books

my mom is probably the biggest book nerd you will ever meet. when she was kid, she dreamed of being a librarian when she grew up. she also begged santa for a set of encyclopedia one christmas. oh, and I'm pretty sure she cried when she found out carolyn keene wasn't a real person. 

so yes, she absolutely loves books. she even saved a bunch of her old nancy drew books. but unfortunately, they were very well-loved & now look really old & beat up. not the prettiest thing to display on a bookshelf. so instead of putting them away, mom covered them with some glossy white paper. if you were born in the 80s like me, you might need to watch this youtube video on how to cover books (my mom couldn't believe that we never covered our school books). I think it looks so clean & modern when a bunch of them line a shelf. and not to mention, very simple & inexpensive to create.



1 comment:

  1. I love the uniform look of them all–and I'm pretty sure I've got some old Nancy Drew's lying around perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails