Tuesday, August 24, 2010

breakfast cupcakes


remember breakfast club friday? well for my day, I decided to try something a little different. as you might know, I eat cupcakes for breakfast... quite often. so why not make a breakfast cupcake? after a google search, I decided to try these maple bacon cupcakes. robert and I both thought they were delicious (the cane sugar + sea salt mixture sprinkled on top really tied it all together!).  however, they weren't quite a hit with the group. oh well- more for us!

4 comments:

  1. Genius. This is a fantastic idea. How did everyone not find them delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My jaw dropped when I saw these. Absolutely unbelievably amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat bacon, but for those who do...I can't imagine why it wouldn't be a hit either. The sugar and sea salt topping sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made similar cupcakes (cornbread, cream cheese and goat cheese icing, and bacon garnish) and had a similar reaction -- my boyfriend and I loved them as a breakfast treat, but when I gave them to other people, they didn't quite rave the way they usually do about my cupcakes! Maybe only the true cupcake adventurers can enjoy such unique recipes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails